Sunday, July 11, 2010

Forgiveness brings freedom!

I was sitting in my office one day and turned over my little flip calendar and read the following quote by Lewis Smedes. "To forgive is to set a prisoner free and discover the prisoner was you."
I was so excited I ran around telling anyone who would listen. When we choose not to forgive others or ourselves we live as though chains and balls were attached to our soul. We become bitter, lonely and sad. Our lives focus on us and all the wrongs in our life. Today is a new day, a day to start the process of forgiveness beginning with wanting to. May we allow G0d to work in our hearts to bring about a forgiving spirit. It's not easy but oh, so worth it! FREEDOM!

1 comment:

  1. What a powerful truth Mom! Thanks for sharing...I recently heard a quote that went something like, "When you forgive you love, and when you love, God's light shines on and through you." Simple but awesome. Love ya!

    ReplyDelete